Re: paper needed on specific differences in NetFlow vs. sFlow..

From: Tatsuya Yanagibashi <tyanagibashi@mbc.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: 11/28/04

Neil,

The whitepaper you introduced below says "SFlow is scalable". Is
there any implication, in this statement, of which it will be valid
when it compares to NetFlow? Technically either of NetFlow or SFlow
doesn't exactly specify how to gather(sample) those information
in the router/swicth, thus it simply relies on their
implementation....in other words, most likely similar mechanism
will be used...I think.

Therefore, I think there shouldn't be so much big difference
between SFLow and NetFlow in terms of scalability aspect. Correct?

Thanks and regards,
Tatsuya

--
Tatsuya Yanagibashi <tyanagibashi@mbc.ocn.ne.jp>