sampling of incoming/outgoing traffic

From: Juraj Sucik <Juraj.Sucik@cern.ch>
Date: 11/17/05

Hello,

I've read a specification of Sflow (RFC 3176), but it is not clear if
the inbound, outbound or both direction traffic is sampled. If the
traffic is sampled in both directions is it possible that the same
packet is sampled twice (once on the incoming interface and once on
outgoing interface)?

I have enabled sflow on one of interfaces (lets' call it interface A) in
Force10 E1200 router, but it seems router samples only outgoing traffic
from that interface. Do I need to enable sflow on the other interfaces
as well if I want to have packets incoming to interface A sampled
(although sampled on a different interface)?

Regards,
Juraj