Re: Is there any sFlow datagram generator available?

From: neil mckee <neil.mckee@inmon.com>
Date: 11/30/04

Hello Fred,

The sFlow agent source code package here:

http://www.inmon.com/technology/sflowVersion5.php#code

includes a rudimentary sFlow generator that will compile on most unix
platforms. It just reads packets from the LAN interface. It does not
implement the MIB.

While this does not compare to the thrill of a fast router running
sFlow on all interfaces, it might still be helpful as a starting point
:)

regards,
neil

  includes an executable that

On Nov 29, 2004, at 5:08 PM, ~{UE:#7e~} wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I!/d like to know whether there is any sFlow datagram generator
> available. What I mean is a software sFlow agent simulator or
> something else
> like it which can generate sFlow PDUs(based on information NIC
> captured or
> simply fake) and can be accessed through SNMP(optional).
>

> Thanks and regards.
>
> Fred

----
Neil McKee