EMC, ProCurve and SFlow

From: Purser, Jimmy Ray <jimmy.purser@hp.com>
Date: 07/05/06

Has anyone seen an issue with Sflow on the ProCurve 9300 causing broadcast
storms? Sounds odd, I know, however, here is what is happening. Using a
ProCurve 9308 switch (Foundry Big Iron) with Sflow enabled, when I connect
a EMC fiber channel switch (Model DS-24 M2) and an end node device sends a
uPNP, the 9308 gets into a broadcast storm. If I remove sflow, the problem
goes away. What in Sflow would cause this? I hate to lose sflow because
now I am blind.

TschuB!

Jimmy Ray Purser
ProCurve Systems Engineer

I wonder how much deeper the ocean
would be if sponges didn't grow there?

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]