Re: Looking for sflow data

From: neil mckee <neil.mckee@inmon.com>
Date: 09/12/06

Mike,

The example sFlow Agent Source Code includes a C program that will
generate sFlow v5 from a stream of packets read from libpcap (making
it effectively a rudimentary sFlow probe). The sources can be
downloaded from here:

http://www.inmon.com/technology/sflowVersion5.php

This program has a "test mode" option that will throw in canned
examples of various optional structures, such as the BGP gateway
structure with the AS-Path. You can also adjust the sflow_api.h file
to have it generate the "expanded" variation of the flow-sample
format (just uncomment line 27).

This will be enough to simulate most implementations (the older v2/v4
format is increasingly rare). Just remember to make your decoder
skip over any structures whose tag you do not recognize.

regards,
neil

On Sep 12, 2006, at 11:03 AM, Mike Haberman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of any raw sflow data repository that is
> available
> for testing? The data could either be real or generated. I have
> some data, but it's a small subset of all the possible formats
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> thanks
>
> mike
>
> --