Re: packet sampling point

From: sujay gupta <sujay.ietf@gmail.com>
Date: 10/21/09

Thanks Peter,

In a practical switch the filtering stage would be possibly the
packet-filters etc.
and if it passes through it goes for routing/switching, where the
sampler may choose
to send it for measurement.

That should be the behavior as well, my question stemmed from the
observation of sFlow
implementation of a major chip vendor, which sends *every* packet ,
even if it should never have
been processed.

BR,
-Sujay